At Embold, we adhere to a strict information security policy designed to keep your personal and financial information safe. We accept nothing less than the highest level of integrity from our employees, vendors, and other persons or entities associated with credit union operations.
We have state-of-the-art systems to secure our computer servers and networks as well as several additional layers of security to ensure your personal and account information remains safe and secure.
We also use multi-factor authentication in our online banking to help ensure that only authorized users gain account access. This security enhancement offers you more control over your online banking transactions, while complying with Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) guidelines that require financial institutions to apply enhanced authentication procedures for online transactions.
It's A Team Effort
As much as we do to protect your financial information, it’s important to remember that banking securely online is a two-way street. Fraudsters will always try to find the path of least resistance.
The good news is that there are many things you can do to help protect yourself.
- Choose strong passwords for your computers and devices
- Install software updates as they’re released
- Use the latest virus and malware protection
- Be vigilant and learn how to recognize fraud
For more information visit: www.onguardonline.gov
Safeguard Your Personal Information
The single best source of protection against unauthorized use of your personal information is you.
Remember that Embold will never ask for your card number, card PIN, card expiration date, or card security code. Don’t give this information to anyone who contacts you.
Here are some other simple ways to safeguard your personal information:
- Keep personal and account information in a safe place
- Give information only to trusted sources, and only when you’ve initiated the contact: never give your information to individuals who have contacted you
- Use electronic statements to reduce the amount of mail sent to you that could be stolen from your mailbox or trash
- Opt out of pre-approved credit offers by calling 1-888-5-OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688)
- Frequently monitor your account statements and history online for unauthorized transactions
- Check your credit report for discrepancies on a regular basis: you can obtain a free credit report once a year by visiting AnnualCreditReport.com
Set Strong Passwords
Please review your Embold passwords and make sure they’re strong and unique.
- A strong password is longer than 12 characters, and it includes a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and special characters.
- A unique password is one that you’re not using anywhere else.
- It’s also a good idea to change your passwords on a regular basis.